When my dad was a teenager, he accidentally ate two hot dog buns that were crawling with maggots. He’d come home late and didn’t want to wake his parents by turning on the kitchen light. By the time he realized what he’d consumed, he was on the last bite.
For some reason, he likes to tell us the story of that vomit-inducing memory at least once a year. Because of him, I never eat food in the dark. The 15 people here took the time to check their food before chowing down and were so glad they did! After seeing this, you might rethink your midnight snacking habits.